Prolific Senseless Ideas

Streaming through my mind are just but countless ideas, I have no plans in documenting them all because I fear it would again create a compulsion to write just about anything which is not really a very good idea but it just seems kinda tiring most of the time.

Processing things step by step had been proven to be a tough act specially for a hyperactive girl like me, sometimes taking it slow really helps you focus on the more important aspects of things.

Last Monday I was with a friend in Gateway, she invited me to watch a movie and we both agreed on watching the Dark Knight. All I can say is Batman had truly evolved into something else. I have watched every Batman franchise there is with different actors and different antagonists but the one that the Nolan brothers made truly captivating. I understand why it had been on top for many weeks on the box office.

I don't know why Batman have intrigued me for the longest time ever, I never bothered watching Superman, Spiderman or any other superhero movie in the theatre especially since I can remember but Batman had been different. Maybe it was because he's the only superhero without the super powers he's still human and is unable to regenerate nor live forever like his uncanny friends in the justice league.

What amazes me in this movie is the fact that they had a different portrayal of the Joker not entirely the kind of loony that would just aim for stuff but is actually showing the people a lesson a genuine one. I remember the boat scene (or maybe it was a ship) wherein he announced his little social experiment wherein the people on the boat would be the one to choose whether who would live with just a push of the button.

I know everyone is scared to die but they didn't give in to the demands of the single entity that is trying to elude them into killing each other. On the other side were criminals and convicts while on the other side were innocent people as they claim to be (sacrificial lambs?)

Erwin told me that the Joker hanging upside down was no longer Heath Ledger I don't know he was convincing enough or maybe that was just his fallacy born of his routine exhausted mind (just kidding!).

That scene particularly reminded me of Vanilla Sky with Tom Cruise and Penelope Cruz well not really in the part you were thinking but mostly on the dialog. I remember in Vanilla Sky I just don't remember who said it but there was a line that says "you wouldn't know the sweetness of life until you've savored it's bitterness" (or something like that, my memory seems to fail me) so on Batman, I think the Joker was trying to say that good would be nonexistent without evil trying to prove it otherwise.

Yeah it's a tough movie to digest but the one thing I personally hate about today's Batman? He doesn't have his own heavy line to throw he just adopts his villains words of wisdom funny he was able to pull that off truly Batman was a man of few words for he doesn't need such just to brag about what he had done.

So enough about Batman, let's give my mental juices a chance to flourish. I've again revisited my favorite column on the daily inquirer which is of none other than by Mr. Dero Pedero I realized he had changed his email address maybe that's why my personal feedbacks and comments never made it to his knowledge. Anyway, there was this article about Good and Nice. Yes "Good and Nice" at first I thought my eyes are failing me but it was there all in bold red letters that can't be mistaken.

The article was about the goodness of man so it began with a prayer from a darling little girl which the parents overheard one night it goes something like "Dear God, I know people are already good but can you please make them nice? Amen".

When the parents heard this they pondered on the thought but really wasn't able to figure out what the girl was trying to say. So they talked to their child and asked her a little about what she had prayed to God. The little child simply gave an example, you know our neighbors they go to church every Sunday, they have a good home and they are a good family but they are not very nice. And they asked why did she say this, because I accidentally dialled their number early in the morning last Sunday and the father shouted at me saying "Don't you know we're late for church you got the wrong number goodbye!"

Very simple. Sometimes we think, just because we go to church, or doesn't commit we are already following the right path but even so you still have to be nice to other people. You might be nice to your friends but how about to strangers and people you don't even know. That little girl is right the world is running out of nice people.

Think about it. Have you been nice lately?

Comments