Pool Theme Friday

Our office holds a theme Friday every month and since it's summer. The theme is "Pool Party". I came in with my rash guard on, with a pair of goggles to boot. My officemates clearly have depicted a different version of the pool party, but I'm not gonna even start to comment on their choice of costume.

Theme Fridays, I think have been an essential part of our tradition as a company and it has been very exciting for the employees, well at least I can say that for myself. It is something to look forward to, just to break the normal routine of work and of course wearing the normal office clothes (boo hoo!). Simple celebrations like this one enhances the kamaraderie between employees (especially if they like their pictures taken, coz I know I do so much!) The inner Diva expresses her incessant need to express her well learned textbook narcissism and the radical would just like to wear clothes which are out of the ordinary. Thank goodness for whoever invented or thought of events like these, they surely know how to create a fun and positive atmosphere in the oh-so-boring-workplace everyone in the world is so familiar with. I think I am not alone in this one, so if you think your workplace needs a bit of a pick me up, I would definitely suggest that you try to have a theme party! It's super fun!

Comments