To The Girl He Left Behind

He left you for her, not because she was prettier or because she was more loving than you. He left because he couldn't handle the the life you had to offer and the plans you were making, he left because you deserved better than him and trust me you do. He left because he isn't ready for you. He needs to grow up and face these challenges on his own, he won't change for anyone but himself. I know it sounds selfish but this is also for you. I hope you realize that he was never meant to be part of your life. I hope you realize that this heartache, this pain is not eternal. I hope you realize that he doesn't deserve anything from you, not even hatred. I hope you realize that he is not ready even for the family he helped brought in this world.

I know how it feels when everything you dreamt of collapses even before your dreams become a reality. I know how it feels when everything clogs your throat, and your eyes well up with tears, I know it feels like the end of everything but trust me, it doesn't last. It gets tiring when you see him with her, know that he chooses her every time he gets the chance. It gets worse when his voice haunts you when you're alone, when his memories make your bones ache, when you gaze at his side of the bed which now appears like a huge void and your heart break. I hope you realize that he doesn't deserve any tear from you.

It's sad that you gave him your world and he still walked away, I know it tears you apart every time you hear his name and your heart stops beating but instead shatters into a million pieces. I know how it feels when you are alone at night, and the darkness creeps in; you cannot hide your sadness anymore and all you do is cry yourself to sleep. Do not feel sad, do not feel unwanted, it's his loss not yours, no other woman will love him the way you did.

I hope this time you remember that you need to fall in love with yourself first even before you decide to fall in love with someone else and you don't lose that love even though you are tempted to give him everything you've got. I hope you forgive yourself for loving the wrong person, forgive him, not for his sake, but for your inner peace. Forgive him for your inner growth. He was just a storm in your life, promise me that you will never dwell in this misery waiting for him to come back because he won't. I hope this pain leaves you soon and happiness visits you again, this time, may it last forever.

----

Modified version of a poem from Talesofmaya_


Comments